Nine Point is a three player game which awards points to each player based on their score relative to the other players in the group. Each hole has nine points at stake. The value of a point is specified during game setup and can be adjusted manually during the round (including presses). Points are awarded as follows:
- The player with the lowest score gets five points.
- The player with the middle score gets three points.
- The player with the highest score gets one point.
Ties are handled as follows:
- If one player has the lowest score and the other two players tie for the highest score, then the lowest score player gets five points and the other players get two points apiece.
- If two players tie for the lowest score, they each get four points and the highest score player gets one point.
- If all three players get the same score, then each player receives three points.
- 7-Point Birdies: This option awards seven points to the player that wins the hole with a birdie or better.
- 9-Point Sweeps: This option awards all nine points to the player that wins the hole by two strokes or better.